Is it Time to Get a Hearing Test in Greensboro NC
If you misunderstand the things that people say to you, or if you're forever asking your friends to repeat themselves, now may the perfect time to schedule a hearing test in Greensboro NC or wherever you happen to be.
There are three main types of hearing loss. Conductive hearing loss involves the middle or outer ear. Sensorineural loss involves the inner ear, and Mixed hearing loss is a combination of both other types. Hearing loss is more common than you may think. In fact, around one-third of all persons living in the United States have at least some degree of impaired hearing. For persons who are older than 75, the odds increase to one in two.
Symptoms of hearing loss
- Muffling of speech
- Distortion of sounds
- Difficulty comprehending spoken words
- Trouble hearing consonants
- Often asking others to speak slower
- Needing to turn up the volume of music or television
- Hesitance to participate in conversations
- Avoidance of certain social settings
The above list of hearing loss symptoms comes directly from hearing experts at the esteemed Mayo Clinic. Mayo also provides the following descriptions of the ways that hearing can be damaged.
* Inner ear damage caused by exposure to loud sound causes wear and tear on the tiny hairs and nerve cells that send sound signals to your brain. Damaged or missing hairs and cells are a prime cause of hearing loss in adults. With inner ear damage, it's hard to discern voices over background noises.
* A gradual buildup of natural earwax can wreak havoc on your hearing. In normal levels, earwax is a helpful thing that keeps your ear canal clean. Too much of that good thing can block sound waves and make it very hard to hear. Fortunately, this and other sorts of hearing loss can be detected with an easy, painless hearing test in Greensboro NC.
Mayo Clinic is serious about prevention of hearing loss, and so are we. To ensure healthy hearing, be sure to take the following precautions at all times:
* Limit the intensity and duration of sound exposure. If you work in a noisy environment, wear ear protection to prevent damage to your ears. Plastic earplugs and glycerin-filled earmuffs can go a very long way toward ensuring your good hearing for years to come.
* Limit recreational risks such as exposure to super loud music, snowmobiles, go-karts, fireworks, and power tools. It only takes a second to slip on comfortable ear protection, and doing so may spare your hearing from damage while you're having a noisy good time.
* Get your hearing tested at least one a year. A hearing test in Greensboro NC is easy and the results may hep you keep your hearing at optimum efficiency.
When you are ready to know more about hearing loss, or if you would like to schedule a hearing test in Greensboro NC right away, please give Hearing Solutions a call at (336) 854-5429 during business hours and tell us your story.Hearing Test Greensboro Nc
View Larger Map